
It's the 3rd, and possibly the final, chapter in the Bourne series. This time out, Jason Bourne aka David Webb aka 30 other names, comes home and finds out who he really is. It took him 3 long years of running, but he strikes back with a vengeance.
The movie starts right into the action, as it should, with the back story already told in the first 2 movies. While it seems that Bourne is too good for even the best hitman to take him out, he does everything with a style that says "badass!" He seems to be able to think his way out of any situation, no matter how bleak the outcome seems to be. I guess that's what should be expected from a super soldier. Speaking of super soldier, Bourne kicks everyone's ass from CIA agents to top notch assassins. He also never brings a gun into any of his fights. Whenever you see him with a gun, it's because he kicked some guy's ass and took his gun. Badass! He also seems to be invincible. He survived 2 different car crashes during the same car chase. How is that possible, considering the damage sustained to the cars? I guess I can't complain too much, the action is amazing.
While Bourne seems to be good at what he does, he is, in fact, too good. Not one person can take him down. I know he's supposed to be the perfect spy and all, but come on. He breaks into a CIA complex without being detected. I find that hard to believe. Another problem I had was the excessive use of what I'm gonna call "seizure vision" (Patent pending, you thieves!). The shaky camera use does add to the over the top action, but it was used way too much. At some parts it detracted from the action, as you couldn't tell who hit who or what was going on. That's unacceptable to me. The flashbacks were also used to an excessive amount. Alright, you have flashbacks, we don't need to see the same scene 15 times in 20 minutes.
All in all, this movie did a great job at finishing off the Bourne series. You finally get to know who Bourne actually is. While I believe it could have been less seizure inducing, it was a great movie. Great action, good acting, a wonderful musical score, and a solid ending. I give it 7 rooftop jumps out of 10.

No comments:
Post a Comment