Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I'm Not a Complete Fuck Up...yet...

So yesterday I was offered the job of franchise consultant for Jimmy Johns. I'm thrilled, but also kinda nervous. I guess that comes with the territory. I'm going from only knowing what it's like to work at a "high school job" or one to get me through college to an actual full-time job with a salary. It's gonna take some long hours with little glamor to be good at my job. I'm prepared for that. I've slacked off for way too long in my life to let this slip. This will be a good wake-up call for me to whip my ass into shape. For the last couple of months I have been a lazy fuck, now its time for me to do something with my life. This should be good.

The one thing I'm really worried about is that I have to move to a different state, most likely Kentucky, at least for the first year. After the first year, I may be moved to Denver. I hope that I'll be able to make some friends down there, or that will be one lonely year. At the same time, I'm excited to move to a different city and experience a whole new way of life...that is, if it's any different than here.

Dave, I'm sorry that I have to leave you (especially with Kiznox moving) but I just can't stay here if I have a chance to do something with my life. I don't expect to stay with this forever, but I gotta do something. Something to kick start my life into gear. Love ya bro, hopefully you don't get too lonely.

Sorry I didn't call most of you to tell you this, but like I said, I live a lazy life. Hopefully this job will change that.

Welcome to the real world, fucker!
Thanks...I guess.

I hope this is just a speed bump in my path to doing what I want and not what I'm told. But for now...I have a job! Also, I now can finally buy a new computer, probably an Apple laptop, because my computer is slowly and painfully dying. I would take her out back and shoot her behind the tool shed, but I still need her until the new baby comes along.

4 comments:

Rambo Dakota said...

Now even though I cannot attest to how it feels to move away to a different state and try to make friends, I can give you comfort about that first "big boy" job (as I usually put it). I had a little practice during my internship that got me prepared for full time but nothing compares to the fact that (a) you are out of school and no one is accountable but yourself and (b) that 40 hour per week job that constantly demands your attention...even more so than anything else in your life. One plus is you really really enjoy those weekends!

Overall Hock, you will do absolutely fine, that I have no doubt about. You know you can always call if you get lonely or need anything. Jimmy Johns is lucky to have you on board and you will make them proud.

Absolute best of luck to you my good friend, we'll have a going away party that will be the SHIT!

Hock said...

Thanks man! I leave Sept. 15 for training. I might be home next week, not sure yet. I'll let you know. I'm not sure when they'll actually place me at my location, could be right after my training, could be in April. I'll keep you updated.

This guy... said...

Don't cry for me, Argentina.

Johnny Cottonmouth said...

One by one I will draw you all down south and closer to me... bwahaha

Seriously though, congrats man that's awesome, and you'll only be two hours from me!