Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Monster With A Million Mishaps...

So, its around 5am and I am trying to watch the Beast With A Billion Backs for about the third time this weekend...and...still...I think what my problem with this second Futurama movie is that the first one had so much more to love. Wait, let me put it in a way that makes sense...

Bender's Big Score had so much more backing its release. The pure fact that Futurama was coming back made this film nearly perfect before I saw it. I think my issue really is that I miss that feeling. I didn't get that feeling about this film because I KNEW it was coming. It wasn't just something far off in the future that I couldn't believe was happening. I guess that excitement is something that you only get once.

So it is time to rejoin the Beast, to laugh even harder as that realization lifted any real expectations and allowed me to now see this for what it is: Itself.

Peace, Frogs.

No comments: