Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Reason #7937 why the existence of Scientology scares me

http://www.amazon.com/Dianetics-Modern-Science-Mental-Health/dp/088404632X/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_i


this is the Amazon.com review of Dianetics, giving it a staggering 4.5 stars!!! This intrigued me so I checked it out.

The most recent 6 reviews of the book are all 1 star... And coincidentally, there are only 6 reviews total that gave the book 1 star according to the chart. The three reviews on the front page (all 5 stars) are the "most helpful" reviews - and only 25 out of almost 950 people found the first one helpful. Apparently, scientologists patrol this page reporting any review that gives it a low score, so it will be removed from the website. What you're left with is nothing but the scientologists opinions of the book, which are mostly 5 stars.

This is a cult. This is scary. These are the type of weak-minded people who can cause major harm in the world, whether to themselves, or others.

I try to stay open minded with religions. This is not a religion. It's an abomination that was brought to the world by a man who either had nothing better to do than ruin others lives, or who was out of his mind himself. I suppose if it makes you a good person, whatever. But I'd avoid it like the plague.

not that I'm surprised by this, but it's still pretty scary

No comments: