Saturday, February 23, 2008

Rothbury Festival

So here's an interesting little concert festival to think about...

The inaugural year of the Rothbury festival - what many hippie jam festival enthusiasts are referring to as "the New Bonnaroo" in reaction to the frustration with the direction that the festival has started going on (editorial comment - I have to admit I'm not overly impressed by the B-roo lineup this year (where's the electronic music???) but I don't think Bonnaroo is going in a bad direction - they're bringing in a lot of GREAT musical acts but it's just a different sound... anyway). Where is the Rothbury festival? Why, in Rothbury, MICHIGAN. On Lake Michigan about an HOUR AND A HALF FROM LANSING. Some highlights of the lineup:
Dave Matthews Band
311
Phil Lesh and Friends
Primus
Modest Mouse
STS9
Disco Biscuits
Bassnectar

So, I'm strongly considering going to this instead of Bonnaroo, unless the late adds for it really impress me. I mean, Michigan in the summer time? that will be awesome.

www.rothburyfestival.com

Fuck yeah - let's get Michigan back on the map for something besides Detroit

3 comments:

Hock said...

Wow, that sounds awesome...but I hate DMB!!! So much hate!

Kiznox said...

Gogol Bordello is going to be there as well.

I love music.
I love hippies.
I love gypsies.
I love hippie gypsies.
I love bordellos.

I dig it.

Johnny Cottonmouth said...

DMB isn't THAT bad. I'm not a big fan either, but I was pretty stoned when I saw them at bonnaroo and I enjoyed it. come on though, doesn't the awesomeness of 311 counteract the douchebaggery of Dave Matthews?