Thursday, January 15, 2009

Movie Review: Gran Torino

Wow.

Wasn't expecting that.

First off, I saw a movie that was filmed in and takes place in Michigan...while I'm in Colorado. Weird, huh?

This movie surprised me. It started off with Clint Eastwood as a grumpy, racist old man. He doesn't want anything to do with his neighbors and threatens them many times. But after one simple courageous act, his neighbors admire him (except for the old lady). Then things started to turn around. He starts to grow attached to his neighbors. It's surprisingly heartbreaking. You wouldn't expect it from watching the first hour or so.

Eastwood cracked some of the most hilariously offensive rasict comments I've ever heard. They are very prominent in this film, and they are very welcome. I can't help it, they just compliment the film so well...

I'm not exactly sure where the film takes place (the cop cars say Hazel Park...I think), but its still a very good story with some solid acting.

I give it 9 zipper-heads out of 10.



This is probably the shortest movie review I've ever done

2 comments:

Johnny Cottonmouth said...

I have heard fantastic things about this movie - good old Clint's up for an oscar nomination for this one. I love your racist scoring system as well. :)

I miss you buddy. MUCH LOVE. I'll keep you posted on the weekend of the 31st. Of a thursday night - saturday night stay, what day/days are best for you? Also I'll definitely be up the weekend of Feb 27, but no partying then. And if you can try to get March 1 (Sunday) off. That's when my solo performance is in Mason :)
THAT GOES FOR THE REST OF Y'ALL TOO!!!

Hock said...

I should be home Friday night and I'll be free all weekend