Monday, January 26, 2009

This Is My...

...Theory of a Deadman who was Trapt because he didn’t give his Nickelback to the Disturbed Papa, Roach. He was given a Three Days Grace period, but was pushed into a Puddle of Mudd which Staind his Chevelle. The Fall Out, Boy was it bad. His Saliva started to Hinder his life. He had a Shinedown from heaven, and his head exploded!


Seriously, why are these bands popular? Most of them sound the same, and make me want to puke. Those weren't even all of the bands I thought of (Tantric, Crossfade, Finger Eleven come to mind, along with many others). The thing that's really bad is that I've listened to most of those bands and at some point, I liked them. Except Fall Out Boy, I never liked them. I guess I was just naive back then and was drawn to the catchy riffs and whatnot. I don't mind Disturbed, but mostly their older stuff. Their new stuff just doesn't have the pizazz of their older stuff. They also put on a rather entertaining show.

I wish Americans weren't so stupid. Why can't they like good bands (especially live) like 311, Raconteurs, Umphrey's, NIN, etc. If we just weeded out the horrible bands, then there could be more bands like that. If that were true, then maybe I'd have some faith in popular culture. Fucking America.

3 comments:

Rambo Dakota said...

Most of these bands have tired on me (except Disturbed which I love, especially in concert) but I hardly think that people who listen to them are stupid Hock. Being younger and getting caught in catchy riffs is all well and good but some people, like myself, don't always need to listen to the lyrics to have a good time jamming out to a song. A lot of the aforementioned bands can give you that.

Yes, some of the bands in your paragraph above (great job by the way) suck (cough Puddle of Mudd cough) but I have a feeling there is something else besides just your random "I woke up this morning and decided that I wanted to hate a slew of bands" mood...

I don't consider myself stupid for listening to some of these bands and I do listen to some of these other bands you mentioned others SHOULD listen to. If you don't like them anymore, that's fine, but don't drag them down as making Americans dumber.

This guy... said...

Aw, snap.

Hock said...

I'm not saying that. I'm saying American's are stupid because they buy into the crap. Bands that do mediocre jobs at making a song, but make it catchy get all the praise by dumbass teenagers. I'm not saying I was never one of those dumbasses, because I was. Its just that if America woke up and didn't buy into it, then better talent would be on the store shelves instead of Nickelback