Friday, February 13, 2009

Dream Line-up for Lollapalooza 2009

Headliners:
-Red Hot Chili Peppers (still haven't seen them live)
-Muse (want to see them live, but people will scoff and say they are the poor man's Radiohead, because people suck)
-Nine Inch Nails (oh yeah, they fucking rock)

Other nominees:
-Rush
-Foo Fighters (still haven't seen them live)
-311 (because they rock at festivals)
-Incubus (because tripping + watching them = jizz in my pants)
-Umphrey's Mcgee (probably not festivally enough for them though)
-Jane's Addiction
-Metallica
(maybe that's just me)
-Smashing Pumpkins
(if they still rock?)

In My Dreams Pick:

LED ZEPPELIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Earlier Sets:
-Raconteurs
(would make me jizz in my pants at least 3 times every song)
-Tenacious D
-No Doubt
(if they play their early stuff and Gwen Stefani is naked)
-Freezepop
-Alice Cooper
(odd, I know, but I hear he still puts on a great show)
-Alter Bridge
(that's probably just me)
-Wolfmother
(put on a good show)
-Black Tide
(I like their crazy guitar riffs)
-Blind Melon
(if they are still a band...?)
-DJ Shadow
(...if only it went on past 10...)
-STS9
(10pm...fucking Chicago rules)
-Girl Talk

-The Knux
(dunno, they could be good)
-The Living End (they are a fun band to listen to)
-The Mars Volta (I'm slowing getting to like them, sure a live show would persuade me further)

Not Gonna Happen Pick:
-Alice In Chains (great band, but Lane Staley can't be replaced)
-Audioslave (Fucking Chris Cornell...you had a good thing going)
-Velvet Revolver (where's the singer? I need me some Slash)

The "What? Too Soon?" Pick:
Stevie Ray Vaughn (what greatness that would have been)



This is assuming I can even go...

2 comments:

Johnny Cottonmouth said...

I dig a lot of those. And I think Muse has gone beyond poor man's Radiohead for the most part - I would also love to see that. And I agree... it does suck that there's no late night acts at lolla. Probably my biggest complaint about the festival. But oh well. We'll have to wait and see!

Johnny Cottonmouth said...

actually, sts9 did play lolla twice, 05 and 07, so that may not be totally absurd? ;)