Sunday, February 8, 2009

Remember that time that I don't get out much...

Well, hello everybody! Sorry I don't post more, but all I do is sit around and watch movies. So the only really interesting posts I do are these. I have seen another 50 movies never before seen by my gorgeous brown and white orbs. I hope you guys have some feedback about some of these movies. And as always, feel free to ask me about any of them and I will let you know whether or not I think a movie is worthy of your time. Let's get it on!

Very Good: Good Will Hunting, Real Time, Ghost Town, Winter Passing*, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Yes Man*, Flakes*, Choke, Milk, The Go-Getter*, Eulogy*, What's Eating Gilbert Grape

Comments: Five out of these movies have Zooey Deschanel in it (with *). I don't know if I just really like her as an actress or if she just picks really excellent movies (or both!). I would definitely recommend Flakes (about a cereal bar) and Eulogy (lots of family dysfunction). Milk, the story of the 1st elected official to be openly gay, took my breathe away. It was brilliant. Real Time is about a man (Jay Baruchel) who owes a lot of money to bad people and given only an hour or so to live by Randy Quaid. The movie is then shot in real time from then on. Cool flick.

Good: Man of the Year, October Sky, Shadow of the Vampire, The Sword in the Stone, The Rutles: All You Need is Cash, Just Buried, War Inc, The Air I Breathe, Punch-Drunk Love, Grosse Pointe Blank, RocknRolla, Slumdog Millionaire, Rocket Science, Romeo + Juliet, The Day the Earth Stood Still

Comments: These films had a lot of good action and drama, but some of them couldn't keep my attention. I fell asleep during: RocknRolla, Slumdog Millionaire twice, and The Day the Earth... twice (once in theatres, once at home). If people like the Beatles, then I think they should watch, The Rutles. It is some of the Monty Python guys doing a parodyin the '70s...comedy gold.

Not So Good: The French Connection, The Spirit, The Rutles 2: Can't Buy Me Lunch, Max Payne, The Object of my Affection, The Ringer, Friends with Money, The Shapes of Things, Igor, Dirty Love, American Wedding, Better Off Dead, Quantum of Solace, What Just Happened, Madagascar 2: Escape 2 Africa

Comments: In my eyes, sequels never hold up, here are some examples: Rutles 2 = not as good as the first. Quantum dragged. American Wedding was not even close to the first. Madagascar 2 should have been left overseas. Other than that, The Ringer had its moments and didn't come off as too offense for being a movie about Johnny Knoxville pretending to be retarded. The only saving graces for Max Payne (definitely not the storyline): Mark Wahlberg is a badass and Mila Kunis is hot.

Bad: RV, My Boss's Daughter, Death Race, How to Eat Fried Worms, The Night Flier, Failure to Launch, Lakeview Terrace, The Invasion

Comments: A bunch of garbage films. Death Race was exactly like a video game. Failure.. was just that. Lakeview Terrace was 90 minutes of Sam jackson being terribly racist and stubborn. Boo that. The Invasion and Night Flier were poor excuses for scary movies.

Well, thar she is. If you guys have any suggestions on a movie that you have seen that I should see, let me know. I am always down for whatever cinema ya got for me. Big ups!

GOERG

PS: Sorry that that got so gangster as the end.

5 comments:

Rambo Dakota said...

Good Will Hunting is one of my favorite movies of all time Goerg!! Also, I don't know if you've ever seen it or not but here are a few I would recommend:

Alpha Dog
Bobby
The Dead Girl
Half Nelson
Saved
Se7en
Taking Lives

Not sure which of these you have/have not seen but let me know what you think.

Hock said...

Better Off Dead should be in the "very good" category. Awesome flick

This guy... said...

I disagree.

This guy... said...

Rambo: I have seen Alpha Dog, Se7en, Taking Lives, and Saved! All brilliant movies, good call. SO I will download the rest and get back to you. Thanks.

Johnny Cottonmouth said...

Forbidden Planet didn't make the list? Also I saw Mothman Prophecies the other day and it blew my mind. just sayin