Friday, February 6, 2009

What's the Deal with Country Music?

Seriously. It's horrible.

I've been subjected to it for almost 2 weeks now (on Sirius while opening) and I have found no redeeming qualities. Whatever I was listening to was stereotypical country. All they sing about is dogs, trucks, outdoors, Jesus and infidelity. How those relate is anyone's guess, but they do it. I guess that's a good quality, maybe? This was pretty much every song. No matter who's singing it, guy, girl, group, whatever, it was always the same. Every singer has that weird twang in their voice that is somehow considered singing. Its a crazy southern accent that's not even good. Ugh. Not only were the lyrics horrid, but the rest of the music (all the other instruments) was just not appealing. Nothing good about it. There must be something wrong with most of this country.

No one can say I don't like it because I've never listened to it. Oh, I listened and now I have a hemorrhage in my head.

No comments: