Thursday, January 3, 2008

Party

I watched Rules of Attraction again tonight. Rewound to rewatch the bits I didn't get the first (second) time around. And it made me want to party. A lot. In the worst possible way.

I KNOW that nobody's college experience is really that crazy and exciting. The parties are never that good. The drugs are never really THAT easy to find (although actually that might be debatable if I actually looked for them more). It's never THAT easy to get laid. Or if it's that easy it's never with someone as good looking I've realized I really like those sort of college dark comedies, where people are constantly fucking and doing drugs and killing themselves and getting wasted and whatever else. I live vicariously through them. It's my ultimate dark, seductive fantasy. Belonging to that non-existent crowd that throws parties like the end of the world and where everybody is ridiculously good-looking (except the couple fat guys and awkward girls that they throw in to make it seem like a real college (where all of the dorms, classrooms, and frats are within a three minute's walk of each other))

If I had it my way, I would want that experience. I'm too much of a puss though. I'm too "oh my god I have to sing well" and "I have to get good grades" and "I have to be careful not to drink too much or do so many drugs that I end up dying"

I've seen my share of partying, but I don't think I'm done yet. I'm goin crazy!!! Who wants to live til they're a hundred anyway?

No comments: