Saturday, April 4, 2009

Claudio's Third Annual Blog Post

No, it hasn't been a year since I posted (almost), but I think this is my third ever post. Anyway...

For a change of pace, I decided to think today while I was in the shower. And I thought, if someone really likes a band, then they should buy their albulms straight from the band and not from stores. The way I see it is, the store you would be buying the albulm from has already purchased their quantity of albulms from the band, so the band already recieved money for it. The price you pay goes to paying off that purchase and to the store's profit margin. If the store doesn't sell all the albulms it bought from the band, the band doesn't have to buy them back or anything, the store just loses money (I know that's poor economic thinking, but fuck Capitalism).

When you buy the albulm right from the band (via website most likely, or at a show), they get all the profit, except for obviously the portion that goes towards paying off the cost of production, distribution and such. The albulm is usually cheaper anyway, the only down side is that you usually have to pay for shipping and then to quote Tom Petty, "waiting is the hardest part".

So, in sumation, you can do whatever you want, that's just my $0.02.

5 comments:

Hock said...

That post was pointless. You must have eaten at Shaw Hall recently...

This guy... said...

Wow, Hock. You are fucking dick. Way to support your friends! And you wonder why he never posts...
Don't be so negative, dude.

And plus, the "Shaw Hall" comment makes no sense at all.

Hock said...

I'm trying to support him by making him post more.

You guys are too sensitive


I thought you guys read the State News. I'm sure they had a story on that. I heard on the radio that Shaw got an food born illness outbreak like a week ago.

Kiznox said...

Shw Hall, my sales thank you.

Johnny Cottonmouth said...

albulms? I don't get it