Friday, April 17, 2009

The Future is Fucked

Nothing is sacred.

Curiosity and innovation (kinda) are dead.

The internet and other technology have ruined everything.


Anything that you would have seen as innovative in a movie or TV show is on the internet. In some form or another. This is good for the masses that like to consume a massive amount of junk in a short time. But its bad for people, like me, who don't have much time to consume all that junk. Also, original IPs are going quick. Look at movies. Remakes EVERYWHERE! Not that its a bad thing, but what's the future going to hold? Everything is going to be just a rehash of something else.

Also, this is probably just me, I am really going to miss the nostalgia feeling of looking at an old photo. Everything is digital now. Unless you print it up, there is no physical picture. Also, I love looking at old photos from the 70s-80s, because people look so ridiculous. To me, photos now will never give me that feeling of nostalgia, because they are digital. I may not think this way in 10 years, who knows.

There is one good thing about the internet, which may change the way TV is viewed in the next couple of years, which is that censorship may be dead. If television wants to keep up with the internet, they are going to have to revise their position on censorship. Kids now have no boundaries. They can view anything they want to on the internet. Pretty much ANYTHING, literally. That's scary, but also kinda nice. I fucking hate censorship...if you can't tell.


I'm scared for the future. Will anything be left to do?

I gotta stop writing thoughtful posts when I'm tired. I could have worded this better, but now I don't care.

Enjoy

No comments: