Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Good News for a Fucking Change

So I got great news today in the form of the fact that I got cast as the character I wanted in the Magic Flute down here (the character is Papageno, the bird catcher). I was up against like 10 other guys and was one of two selected for it - it's a pretty huge deal - he's not the LEAD per se, but I have 3 solo arias, which is more than anyone else in the show, and I'm the comic relief which means I'm gonna be everyone's favorite character. As long as I don't suck at it haha. But yeah, the shows are November 13,14,20,21, the singing is in German and the dialogue is in English (it's about half and half). I would love as many of you as possible to come down here - it's a brand new production so it's liable to be just as impressive as the production for La Boheme when I did it. if you can't make it, it's gonna be streamed in high definition online with subtitles. But yeah... I've been waiting for a week and a half for the casting results and I almost started laughing and crying hysterically when I found out because it's been stressing me out so much. Not only that - but there's probably two songs you'll actually recognize from the show! One of them is used in the red bull commercial where the cat eats the bird (bird catcher- get it?) and the other one is also in a bunch of commercials and such.
So I know I'm rambling but this is like the first exciting thing to happen in my life in weeks besides getting really drunk all the time.
So much love to you all, I will remind you about this when it gets closer, but a road trip down here around that time would be awesome. I'll try to get up there before then, but if not, don't forget I'm not in school anymore next semester... i.e. trip to FL anyone?
-Cottonmouth out

1 comment:

Hock said...

Congratulations, buddy. For sure I'll be there for at least one of the shows.

Also, trip to FL? That's always a good time. My sister is moving there this Friday