Monday, May 28, 2007

Happy Memorial Day!

Its strange...I really have no idea how I feel about this holiday. I mean, for the current war that is going on. Actually, I might just have to consider myself such a hippie that I have a hard time really feeling anything about this holiday for anyone other than the draftees of Vietnam and the wars prior. (I mean, you gotta take out Hitler.) We run a volunteer army. As such, I have a hard time really finding that warm spot in my heart for people who voluntarily got themselves into this quasi-war. Yet, there's the rub. How can I not feel for these people who may have volunteered with the same information that the country was given for initially getting into this mess. So here we are, at this weird little crossroad, and I stand perplexed with flags at half mast.

Other thoughts:
*So Scotty is turning 21. Interesting. I wonder if he'll actually be a bit more social now that he can actually go to the bars and hang out with a crowd. I hope so. It could do the guy some good.
*Excited for the Family Guy season opener. Basically, anybody that is willing to do Star Wars is going to skyrocket their ratings. And rightfully so. (thanks for the tip, B)
*Also, that Robot Chicken rendition of Star Wars looks fucking amazing.
*Transformers is going to save Michael Bay's career. Or completely fucking tank it.
*Pudge Rodriguez may have carved the Grand Canyone with his freakish jaw. Its possible. I swear.

And best of all.....

Its RetroWeek at YesButNoButYes.com...hooray!

http://www.yesbutnobutyes.com/archives/2007/05/retro_week_ode.html

http://www.yesbutnobutyes.com/archives/2007/05/retro_week.html

No comments: