Thursday, July 31, 2008

On the Topic of Movies

From what I've read, the next Terminator film will shoot for a PG-13 rating. I think that is complete bullshit! The other 3 Terminator films were all rated R, and they were better for it.

The same was talked about for the new Robocop movie, which needs to have an R rating to be any good. That movie was all about violence and to shoot for anything lower than an R would be nothing less than atrocious.

This brings me to my point. I saw Step-Brothers earlier today. It was pretty hilarious (overall it was meh, but it definitely had its moments). They could only achieve what they did because of an R rating and the movie was better for it. That's what I hope for Hollywood to realize. I hope they ditch the need to make movies to appeal to the masses. I say, FUCK anyone who can't see an R rated movie without guidance. They can wait, or they'll always find a way to see it so it doesn't matter. The sad thing is that shooting for a PG-13 rating ultimately gives studios dollar signs in their eyes because more people pay to see it. I say fuck that, movies make so much money nowadays that there should be a law against making movies that clearly should get a R rating, and shooting for the PG-13 rating. Fuck the masses, lets get movies for adults as they were meant to be seen!

No comments: