Monday, December 8, 2008

5 Years Ago

5 years ago, I never thought I'd be where I am in life. I was just entering college thinking I was going to major in business and, in all honesty, not have a clue what I was going to do with that. Probably work in some cubicle. Thank God I'm not.

3 years ago, was majoring in hospitality business. I originally tried that because I want to own a bar someday. Then I took a couple of hotel classes and wanted to run a hotel. Once again, thank God I'm not, hotels are a bitch to run.

2 years ago, I started majoring in telecommunications, thinking I would end up working at a movie production house. Obviously that didn't happen.

Now I'm out of college and at the point in my life where I know things never work out like I planned. Hell, 10 years ago, I thought I was going to be a mechanical engineer. Nothing is going like I hoped. Most of that is due to laziness. I could actually have skills in something if I actually tried. But, I didn't. And that has screwed me in life. I know nothing and have no skill.

The thing is, I'm not that pissed at the direction my life is taking. I believe things can be better, but at the moment, I'm pretty happy. I know for sure I don't want to work for JJs for very long (5 years, max...unless something good happens). I still want to open a bar at some point in my life and hopefully I will and it ends up being successful. Who knows what will happen when I move out to Denver. Who knows who I'll meet, what I'll learn, and where this thing called "life" will take me.

Maybe its a good thing my life didn't turn out like I wanted it too. I'm only in the first quarter of my life though, so who knows what will happen later. Hell, I still want to be a stunt driver for movies. That'd be awesome.

Cheerio

3 comments:

Rambo Dakota said...

You know what Hock, I never thought I'd end up here either. I never knew what I wanted to do. I started in college with a major of Computer Science hoping to work for one of the big three (thank God that didn't happen). I had a few people tell me they thought I would make a good CEO of a corporation and I thought about the best ways to go about obtaining that title. I ended up in HR and I love what I do and the classes I took and the people I met. One day you will find your HR buddy. When you do, I'll be the first to say "I told you so."

Johnny Cottonmouth said...

Another big hear, hear from me. Opera? Seriously? I think that you're definitely on the right track, a solid job, and all the time in the world to find the right career. We try to rush too much these days. What's wrong with sitting back and seeing what happens for a while :)

Hock said...

I'm sure 5 years from now I'll be having sex with Mandy Moore in the grato of our mansion. I can't wait 5 years...