Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Life on the Road

These past 3 weeks have been interesting.

The first week I was in Farmington Hills, which was good because I was able to see my parents and friends who are not readily available. But it required lots of commuting, mostly during rush hour. Rush hour pisses me off, if you remember from earlier posts. Its almost as bad as raping babies. Also, Farmington has quite a few fatties and uggos. That's not acceptable. This city is a bust, luckily I didn't have to spend much time there.

Last week I was in some small town called Ottawa. No, not in America's hat. It was a city in Illinois. I wasn't expecting much from this city, but I received a lot more. First off, there are some hotties in Ottawa, unfortunately though, they were not slutty. The ones who were not hot, were actually fun to work with. Go figure. The staff at that store was amazing and made my week feel like nothing. The guy I was opening the store with was also a riot. It was a good week.

This week is quite a different beast. Whoever's idea it was to open a store on the week of Christmas should have his nuts ripped out by Jesus. I'm going to have to drive back to MI in a fucking snow storm on Christmas Eve. What the fuck! I'm in Kildeer, IL, which is like 30 miles south of Wisconsin. It's going to take me forever to get home. I drove here to provide 1...ONE!...full day of support, the other 2 are going to be half days. Why the fuck am I here? Everything at this store is going to be false...sales, delivery times, the "help" we are giving...because the store is right in the heart of a big shopping district, and guess where everyone goes to shop? Business is going to be way slower after the holidays. They really thought this one through. What the fuck ever though, I get 4 days off starting tomorrow.

There is 2 bad things about being on the road so much. 1) I am putting a shit ton of miles on my leased car (14,000 miles in 7 months). I'm probably going to try to rent a car next time. 2) I'm away from home for too long doing some bullshit work.

There are good things though. I am able to see new cities, whether they suck or not I still get to see new places. I get to do bullshit work (meaning, 3 hours of actual work on a 8-9 hour day) and get paid for it.

When I started "righting" this post, I had a grander vision for it. But now I think that vision is lost. Oh well, I get to come home tomorrow.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: