Monday, December 29, 2008

A Look Back at 2008

2008 is almost over, and it definitely has been a mixed bag.

There has been many good things to come out of it. I graduated...finally. Didn't get a job anywhere near my major, BUT I found a job. With these days, that's a great thing. I also found out that I can write off a bunch of stuff and get a huge return on my taxes (not for this year, obviously, but still great nonetheless).

There have been a couple of bad decisions, to say the least. First bad decision of 2008 for me...deciding to lease a car, instead of buying one. When I first got it, it seemed like a good idea. Then I got a job that requires me to travel thousands of miles per month. Now, within 8 months I put on 15,000 miles. Oops. The second bad decision was probably my choice to by a Mac. I don't have any problems with it and it is very fast, BUT everything I need to do on a computer for work involves mostly PC applications. I kinda wish I made that decision after I got the job. I personally don't see what's so good about Macs. They function properly and all, but they have a steep learning curve and I think, overall, I like PCs better. But that's just me. The 3rd one, which is the cheapest (maybe..haha) was allowing this one girl to slip through my fingers.

Oh well. That was 2008. I'm ready for 2009! I'm starting it off right, with a concert (maybe party) in Chicago, with one of my best friends. There could be more people there, but all of you suck.

Hope everyone has a drunk, safe, sex-filled, grape-eating, caber-tossing, pile-driving, beer pong throwing, champagne drinking, money making, drug taking, dance-filled, super-power having, great time on New Years Eve.

Smell Ya Later!

1 comment:

Hock said...

I do gotta say that I really like that my Mac is compatible with everything. I've plugged in 2 printers and a wireless keyboard/mouse and didn't have to install anything. It just accepts it.