Friday, June 12, 2009

Summer Camp (Part III)

Sunday did not have a whole lot going on during the day. So when 3:00 pm rolled around we headed over to the Sunshine Stage for Umphrey's to play an acoustic set. It was pretty awesome. I got to hear songs I have never heard before and then others that I have never heard acoustic versions of. It killed. Here is a little taste of an acoustic Prowler:



The whole set was really solid even though, being in the second 'row' i could not see Brendan at all. Boo-urns. Here is the whole set:

One Set
Hangover, Prowler > Resolution* -> Professor Wormbog, That's the Way^, Ride On Pony^, FF -> #Search 4, August
Notes
Sunshine Stage
Brendan and Jake on acoustic guitars
* with A Go Go teases
^ with Mike Rackey on steel pedal guitar
# with Dead or Alive tease

After that we met Jess and Zach over at the main stage to see Medeski, Scofield, Martin, and Wood. It was decent. I am not a huge fan. I did have fun just chilling, listening to music, smoking a little something, and drinking some margaritas. When that ended, we stuck around for moe.'s first set. We then headed over to see Willie Nelson. I stayed waaaaay to long there. It was slightly boring and started to get a little chilly. On the upshot, the sunset was beautiful.


After leaving that, we changed clothes into something warmer and sat at moe.'s last set of the weekend and waited for "things to kick in." It took a long while but eventually did. We were trying our hardest to get into the late night show at the Red Barn (which costed $125 extra, psh). Jess had an extra wristband so we were going to try the old 'don't latch and pull the switcheroo.' It didn't work. SVG tried first and they immediately took it from him and threw it away. Luckily, Zach's friends had gotten a laminent which was all access. So we met up with them outside the Barn and pulled the switcheroo. Hurrah! Free music! The late night show was sick. It started with the Easy Star All Stars (featuring Andy, Kris, and Ryan of UM) playing a reggae cover of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. It was so awesome to watch. After them EOTO came out and rocked my face off. Who knew two guys from String Cheese Incident could rock so electronically?!? Not I. After they left the stage Bassnectar came out. Once he started, I never once stopped dancing. It was really awesome. The whole late night set, I was really talkative, but no one would talk to me. So I basicaly talked to everyone else around me. Nice people. After that, around 4 am, the night/morning wound down and we hit the hay. Waking up was very bittersweet. The weekend was over and all I had was 60 some odd pictures and a brain full of memories. This was by far the best festival I have ever gone to and I can't wait for next year. Summer Camp 2010!!

GOERG out.

No comments: