Sunday, June 14, 2009

Tennessee surprised me

This morning I flew into Nashville, TN (which I did not know was in the Central Time Zone) and proceeded to the rental car desk. The guy asked me if I wanted to upgrade my car to one with cruise control for $8 more per day. That was a shock. I can't get the upgrade, because I won't get reimbursed, and now I know I have to drive 3 hours without cruise control. It's not like I haven't used a car on long trips without cruise control, but I was using a Ford Focus. Those things are uncomfortable to drive for long distances pushing the unresponsive gas pedal. What a piece of shit.

Crappy car aside, I had a majestic trip. I-40 is lined with trees the entire way from Nashville to Memphis. On top of that, it was foggy. I love fog. It was so peaceful. I never knew Tennessee had it in her. I guess it's been a long time since I've been here.

But then, reality set in...I had to work. I hope my drive back is as peaceful as the ride there.

P.S. Cottonmouth, return my call please.

No comments: