Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Billboard Hot 100

I did it. I read the Billboard Hot 100. I knew I wasn't gonna like it. But I didn't realize it would be this bad:

The top 10:
1
Soulja Boy Tell'em
Crank That (Soulja Boy)

2
Kanye West
Stronger

3
Timbaland Featuring Keri Hilson
The Way I Are

4
Fergie
Big Girls Don't Cry

5
J. Holiday
Bed

6
50 Cent Featuring Justin Timberlake & Timbaland
Ayo Technology

7
Keyshia Cole Featuring Missy Elliott & Lil Kim
Let It Go

8
Nickelback
Rockstar

9
Pink
Who Knew

10
Colbie Caillat
Bubbly

Really?

REALLY?

I mean... Is the only rock song in the top 10 most popular REALLY by Nickelback? And the other leaders. Pink. Kanye West. Fergie with Big Girls Don't Cry. At number four. THAT SONG HAS EVIDENTLY BEEN IN THE TOP 100 FOR 23 WEEKS. THAT'S THREE WEEKS SHORT OF HALF OF A FUCKING YEAR. And Carrie Underwood has been on the chart for 56 weeks.

There's a part of me that feels like I'm going to vomit. like every part of it.

I hate pop culture. I hate it. I want to go to a frat-asshole/sorostitute heavy bar with a baseball bat and start going to town. And I don't mean hitting groundballs. I mean beating the life out of everyone I see. In a blind rage. Screaming "YOU HAVE BAD MUSIC TASTE. YOU DON'T EVEN BUMP AND GRIND TO LEGITIMATE MUSIC. I HOPE THEY HAVE NOTHING BUT BADLY SUNG OPERA WAITING FOR YOU IN HELL YOU UNCULTURED BASTARDS AND BITCHES"

Call me closed minded. Call me a bastard. I dance at those bars too. but for CHRIST SAKE there is BETTER MUSIC OUT THERE. Have your guilty pleasures. But realize that there are better things out there. So I can sleep at night...

RRRRAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Hock said...

I like song #3, "The Way I Are." It has a good beat. The other songs though...I'm gonna go kill myself now because they are within the top 1000 songs of the past year. Gross.