Friday, November 2, 2007

Life as we know it

So first off, I'm really excited to have some people coming to visit next weekend. I can't really "party" per se, but we'll definitely get to hang out etc. Also, if there's any possibility that one of you lovely people could buy me an 8th of shroomidyboomidies for a few weeks when a couple cds I want come out, that would be really awesome (I'd pay you back).

Speaking of which, I owe people money. I know I owe Rambo for concerts and I think I owe someone else another ten or twenty? Maybe? I don't remember. Just tell me how much I owe you and what for and I'll pay you - and don't dick me over, I'm like $25,000 in the hole currently.

So as much as I'm proud of being in the opera, I really hate it. And it's making me question if this is the right career choice for me. I know I have a tendency to not see things through, but this environment, and these attitudes are just fucking killing me. I can't not deal with another person patronizing, belittling, or talking down to me. I know what I'm doing. If I need to fix something, tell me to fix it. Don't explain to me continuously why it was wrong and what I need to do to fix it. Especially if you're just another person in the production. I've been involved in shows for the last 8 years. I get it. I make mistakes. But I know how to fix them.

That being said, I cannot even believe how beautiful the production is. Seriously. It's unreal. We spent just under a million dollars on the production (yep, I'm not exaggerating. a million dollars) and it shows. the set change into the second act is probably bar none the MOST AMAZING thing I have EVER seen on stage in my life, professionally or otherwise. It sucks that tickets are slightly expensive (15-35 dollars depending on the seat) but it's SO WORTH IT.

I have a big brother now. How crazy is that? Thanks again guys for coming to the wedding (some of aaron's friends were working the day I got back, so everybody was giving me crap about how crazy me and all my friends are hahaha). It really meant a lot to have you all there on such a special day for my famiy, as cliche as that sounds. And a special thanks to Goerg's mom for hosting the after party.

I love you all, I miss you, and I'll talk to you soon!

Cottonmouth out

No comments: