Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Stop screaming Hock....

With Hock's increasing need for a break in boredom, here are some things in my life:

-September 25th, I will be seeing Brand New (for free!) at the Breslin Center, top-billed with Nas (meh). I see this show as a chance at redemption since it was so disappointing show at Lollapalooza. Now I get to see them inside (yay for acoustics)! And hopefully they will expand their repetoir to not only "Devil and God are Raging Inside Me" and only a few tracks from "Deja Entendu." I am really hoping that they do not jsut plug their newest album again and totally disregard their previous efforts, which were amazing. Fingers crossed.

-October 2nd, I will be seeing Umphrey's McGee (surprise!) in Kalamazoo. This will be my 5th time seeing them this year and 23rd over all. Yes, I am obsessed. I can't help it. Amazing musicians + breathtaking songs + everchanging setlsts = David's boner.

-October 19th, I wil see Minus the Bear in D-Town. This should be interesting. I have no idea what they sound like and the guy I am going with I haven't seen since I stopped working at Domino's. But MtB rocks and should prove very awesome. I hope they play everything from "Menos el Oso."

-September 23rd, sneak peek of "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist," Claudio, you in?

- I miss Mike. It's only been a few days, but lonesome is a very mean mistress. Hope all is well, my friend.

-I miss my Marky. Who bist du? Sind alle gut?

-I have recentl watched all of "Freaks and Geeks" and "Undeclared." Two Judd Apaotow joints. All very great. I especially liked Undeclared (better than F&G). Jay Baruchel makes awkward, hilarious. And there are so many crossover actors from show to show. I highly recommend both.

-I am starting to watch the entire series of Gilmore Girls. Just finished the first season and am currently downloading the second. I have already seen the 6th and 7th season, so it is really weird to know how the series ends and now start it over.

-I am always looking for new movies, but, alas, my internet has been gone for about a week and a half. This sucks. It should be back by tomorrow. (more finger crossing)

-I just saw "The Sasquatch (Dumpling) Gang." It must have been by the same people that do Napoleon Dynamite. So very awkward and funny. Watch it.

I guess that is all for now. Keep in touch, Clusterfuckers.

G-O-E-R-G

2 comments:

Hock said...

How can you say you don't know what Minus the Bear sounds like then turn right back around and say they rock? Makes my brain hurt.

I miss ya too, buddy. I'm bored as shit here.

Johnny Cottonmouth said...

Cottonmouth = jealous about MTB. ps hope you had fun out by the railroad :)