Friday, September 26, 2008

Triumphant return

HELLO! This is partially in response to Hock's last post but also because I have missed writing on this blog (short of the WYR) for quite a while. I took a little time this morning to look through a lot of our old posts from 2007 and read some of the comments, philosophical debates, overall bitching and just plain old fun discussions. I think back fondly on all of those times as I remembered writing so many of them. I hope everything is well with everyone and my sincerest apologies to you Kiznox for never returning your call, I always seem to get sidetracked and want to have a real conversation where I'm not moving around all the time and can focus on the conversation, plus the fact that I do not know your schedule. Let me know what it is and I will try to schedule (that's what my life has become) a real chunk of time to sit down and chat. Alright, without further APU (oh I have been zinged and I love it!) let me catch you up on the life of Rambo Dakota since we last talked...

First and foremost I should probably talk about the biggest thing going on in my life right now and that would be my job. Working for HR has given me quite a lot of experience with all aspects of HR and, so far at least, I am loving what I do. That is a feeling I hope stays but I have great coworkers and a kick ass boss who I get along with great. We usually grab lunch together almost everyday (we are the only two guys in the department) and just shoot the shit. I have gotten to know so many people within the organization and have a lot of great relationships with managers, other HR reps and even employees/candidates. So that is that in terms of the job, I'm pretty adjusted to full time employment and getting up every morning at 6:25. The nights aren't long anymore, which sucks sometimes, but I still get my fun in.

I plan on going back to school for my Masters Degree at some point, but I have taken some time to adjust to full time work and not having to work in my school schedule with a full time job. Those two will have to cross paths at some point but for right now I don't want them to. I'm thinking an MBA would be best, that way I can stay at OU but if I decide to get the Masters in HR, I would need to go somewhere else. More on that to come.

Here are some quick bullet points with some other things going on right now:

- Looking into houses thanks to the current market, going to start physically looking at some soon with a family friend who is a realtor.

- We have been getting a group together every weekend for the Michigan games (I know you guys really don't care so much) and watching the games together. Just drink a lot of beer and yell at the TV...awesome.

- Still go to Wild Bills every Thursday...and Monday...and Tuesday after bowling...

- I just saw Rascal Flatts in concert (Hock you wanted to know the concerts so here you go) at the Palace with Candice, Tom, Josh and Justin. It was awesome and we tailgated from 5-8 in the parking lot. Love tailgating!

- Another season with Grandpa, Dad and Keith at the Lions games, which also includes tailgating and a pit stop at Greektown. As badly as they suck, these games have become tradition and I don't know what I would do on Sundays if we weren't going.

- I have really gotten into the show "Two and a Half Men" which is just awesome. I have the first 4 seasons on DVD and there isn't a bad episode in the bunch.

- I really do need to catch up on every "Heroes", still haven't done that.

- House, Lost, The Shield, Raising the Bar (Zack Morris with long hair), among other shows are the ones currently ready to record on my DVR.

- Bud Light is the beer of choice...a choice I make often.

- I can't wait for "The Dark Knight" DVD to come out on December 9th!

- "Zodiac" was a long movie Hock, I didn't realize it until I wanted to take a nap half way through too. Good movie, just too long.

- I got a Blackberry and damn it is addicting! Love it though, it's a sweet piece o' technology.

- I hope that the jobs that my fellow bloggers and friends have are all going well! My best wishes to all of you, of course. Any help I can ever be please don't hesitate to ask (look at your resume, interview tips, etc.)

Alright, I'm out of things to say I believe. Hope that gives you a quick (for Rambo it's quick) overview of my life at the moment. Hope to see you all soon.

P.S. I started this post at 9:27 AM and finished around 1:30 PM...that's my crazy work life for ya.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're a huge fag, and not cool one bit. Go fuck yourself