Monday, September 1, 2008

Who is that pale skinned creature?

Well, I have done it. I managed to scrape together a buttload of time to watch fifty new installments of good and not-so-good cinema. Here they are in order in which I watched them. Let me know, as usual, if anyone wants to know anything about any of them. I'll comment on the ones I liked and disliked, more than normal.

Drillbit Taylor, I'm Reed Fish (I really liked this, it's a movie inside a movie), In Bruges (three HP character actors are in it!), The Bank Job, Rush Hour 3 (crap, especially without subtitles), Dave Chappelle's Block Party, Kickin' It Old Skool (shit), Royal Tenenbaums, Meet Bill (a surprisingly cool movie), Starship Troopers 3: Marauder (OMG, Rico is back!!), American Pie Presents Beta House, Tropic Thunder, Leatherheads, I am Legend, Smiley Face (hilarious stoner comedy), Smart People (not a movie for everyone, unless you get a boner for words, like this guy), The Ten (excellent), Enchanted, Forbidden Kingdom, Tuck Everlasting, Penelope (Christina Ricci is still hot, even with a pig nose), The Spiderwick Chronicles (Seth Rogen's voice steals this movie), Crazy/Beautiful, Drop Dead Fred, TV: The Movie, Kinky Boots, Chaos Theory, Mr. Brooks (creepily awesome), The Aristocrats (offensively hilarious), Run Ronnie Run! (a real David Cross masterpiece), The Magic Roundabout (aka Doogal), The Chumscrubber (a semi-fucked up take on Generation Rx), Zathura, Wonder Boys (totally worth seeing for Michael Douglas as a pothead professor), Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (awesome!), The Killing of John Lennon (a look into the messed up head of Mark David Chapman, the man who killed one of the greatest musicians of all time), Boxing Helena (sucks), Full Metal Jacket (Kubrick is a genious), SiCKO (enlightening), Puddle Cruiser (a very good try at comedy fromt he early Broken Lizard guys), I Heart Huckabees (really good), The Last Boyscout, The Usual Suspects, Zodiac, Down with Love (littered with sexual innuendo), Baby Mama (disappointing), Watching the Detectives (pretty decent), Speed Racer (nauseating, right Scott?), Chasing Amy

Favorites: I'm Reed Fish, The Usual Suspects, Meet Bill, Run Ronnie Run!, Smiley Face, Royal Tenenbaums, I Heart Huckabees, Watching the Detectives, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

See you all around, friends of friends.

By the way, I miss you all.

G-O-E-R-G

2 comments:

Rambo Dakota said...

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is my brother's girlfriends favorite movie (she's in love with Downey, Jr.) and she kept yelling at me to watch it so I did...awesome.

Johnny Cottonmouth said...

kiss kiss bang bang is like one of my favorite movies ever :)