Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Amazing Actors: Paul Rudd

I'm going to start a new series. It's called "Amazing Actors" and it spotlights the most amazing actors you can think of. This is a prestegious award, though, not just anyone can be nominated. The actor you choose must earn this honor. My inagural pick is Paul Rudd. You may remember him from such roles as David in the 40 Year Old Virgin, Pete in Knocked Up, and more recently Danny Donahue in Role Models. He is at his best in the latter. He is everything I strive to be...in terms of being a sarcastic, but witty asshole. Not an asshole in a bad way, more like just having a very funny comeback to anything you can throw at him. Watch any of his movies and he is just brilliant. I dare you to hate him. He was amazing as a stoner in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. ..."Oh the weather outside is weather"....hahahaha! Anyways, Goerg and I have been watching many movies with Paul Rudd in it and I gotta say, he is consistently an amazing actor. Watch The Ten, The Oh in Ohio, and Role Models and tell me he's not brilliant. I fucking love the guy. I think I'd go gay for Paul Rudd. He's everything I love: he's cynical, sarcastic, and above all, HILARIOUS!

No comments: