Saturday, November 29, 2008

Top 5 Simpsons Episodes (Season 5)

It is getting harder and harder to choose a top 5! I may have to change format soon.

Number 5: "Homer Loves Flanders" (Episode 97)

Flanders wins tickets to the big football game and invites Homer, who then becomes best friends with Flanders...much to Flanders annoyance.

Favorite quote:
"Men, there's a little crippled boy sitting in a hospital somewhere who wants you to win this game. I know because I crippled him to inspire you." - Mr. Burns

Number 4: "Lady Bouvier's Lover" (Episode 102)

Marge's mother is smitten with both Abe Simpson and Mr. Burns, ultimately walking to the altar with Burns, but leaves with Grampa.

Favorite quote:
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - Grampa

Number 3: "Homer's Barbershop Quartet" (Episode 82)

The Be Sharps story is the topic of this episode.

Favorite quote:
"Dad, thanks to television I can't remember what happened eight minutes ago. Really I can't, it's a serious problem!" - Bart

Number 2: "Cape Feare" (Episode 83)

Sideshow Bob sends Bart threatening letters, forcing the Simpsons to become the Thompsons in Witness Protection.

Favorite quote:
Bart: "Take him away boys."
Chief Wiggum: "Hey, I'm the Chief here. Bake him away toys."
Lou: "What did you say Chief?"
Chief Wiggum: "Do what the kid says."

Number 1: "Treehouse of Horror IV" (Episode 86)

The three minisodes include "The Devil and Homer Simpson," "Terror at 5 1/2 feet," and "Bart Simpsons Dracula."

Favorite quotes:
Mr. Burns: "Welcome, come in! Ah fresh victims for my ever growing army of the undead."
Smithers: "Sir you have to let go of the button."
Mr. Burns: "Well son of a bit..."

Homer: "Wait a minute, you are a vampire!"
Grampa: "Quick, we have to kill the boy!"
Marge: "How'd you know he was a vampire?"
Grampa: "He's a vampire?! AHHH!"

No comments: