Sunday, November 16, 2008

Someone Please Kill Kanye

The ever humble Kanye, who you might remember flipped out when he didn't get video of the year the first year he was even considered, has now declared himself "the voice of this generation".

"I realize that my place and position in history is that I will go down as the voice of this generation, of this decade, I will be the loudest voice," he said in an interview on Wednesday. "It's me settling into that position of just really accepting that it's one thing to say you want to do it and it's another thing to really end up being like Michael Jordan."
The Grammy-winning rapper-producer said Justin Timberlake had a chance to be music's MVP, but hasn't put out enough material. "There were people who had the potential to do it but they went on vacation, so when Justin went on vacation I made albums," he said. "And it just came out to be that."

I'm physically ill having read this. I wish Kanye West would die. Seriously. He is the worst thing to happen to music in recent history. I like a lot of rappers, and even though it's not my favorite genre, I don't mind hip hop. But Kanye's shit makes me want to beat anyone who lists him as a favorite artist within an inch of their life.

1 comment:

This guy... said...

My whole being is aching with these statements. Justin Timberlake hasn't put out enough material? A few NSYNC albums, 3 solo albums, and not to mention guest spots, producing, and acting...spanning the last TEN years. He deserves a "vacation". And Kanye has been around, maybe, 3 years and has put out maybe 4 albums total. What gives him the right?