Monday, November 17, 2008

My Weekend

My weekend started on Friday, when I woke up at 7:30 and realized, "I am soooo not going to class." I rolled off the couch and played Guitar Hero World Tour until Hock woke up (at 1 pm-ish). I waited around for Claudio to get off work and then we smizzed a bizz and watched the newest episodes of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia," The Office," and "30 Rock." I had to immediately kick him out after that because I had to drive to Rochester and take care of my family's animals while they were out of town (my sisiter in Mt. Pleasant and my parents in Owosso). I watched 3 movies that night, whcih were all merely OK. On Friday, I watched: Hollywoodland (Diane Lane is f'n hot in that movie), Employee of the Month (completely predictable, but had its moments), and The Holiday (a little draggy) and on Saturday morning: Rent (decent music, more rock than I expected!). After the movie ended, I walked all four dogs and putzed around the house for a while, got in contact with the 'rents and then took off. I got back in EL/Okemos just to have Hock tell me that my good buddy JCottonmouth was only 20 minutes away!!! Fuck yeah! Hock, JC, and I went to Menna's Joint and shot the shit for a while. Then SVG met us back at the apartment and we played some more GHWT. JC took off to see an opera rehearsal and SVG and I smizzed a bizz (per usual) and left to go see Hamlet 2 at his work. The movie was a little less funny than I had expected. I thought Amy Poehler had a bigger part. The first part of the movie dragged at parts, but the production of Hamlet 2 (equipped with "Rock Me Sexy Jesus") was hysterical. After that I hung around SVG's work, and then we set off to see a stand-up comedian at the International Center next door. Kyle Dunnigan was performing. (For those of you who don't know, Kyle Dunnigan is Trudy Wiegal's boyfriend on Reno 911! He is the serial killer.) I have seen his Comedy Central Presents before and he did a few jokes from that and he extended a few of them. (Run-on sentence, fuck it.) My sides were hurting so much from laughing so hard. It was awesome. My Sunday was boring: Work -> sleep -> wake up -> eat -> TV (sunday night line-up) -> sleep. That's all.

Peace, buddies.

1 comment:

Johnny Cottonmouth said...

yeah I felt the same way about Hollywoodland. It was pretty good, but overall not as exciting as I expected/hoped. Ah well