Thursday, November 20, 2008

Top 5 Simpsons Episodes (Season 2)

The next batch of Simpsons episodes has arrived! I have actually completed Season 3 as well and will be posting that soon. Enjoy!

Number 5: “Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?” (Episode 28)

Homer finds out he has a half-brother, Herbert Powell (voiced by Danny DeVito), who lives in Detroit. Homer goes to visit him only to discover he is rich and owns Powell Motors. He ultimately lets Homer design the car for the average man, which is so terrible it bankrupts Herb.

Favorite quote:
“A millionaire?! (whispers to himself) I kept the wrong one.” – Grampa

Number 4: “Lisa’s Substitute” (Episode 32)

Ms. Hoover goes out on a medical leave with Lyme Disease and is replaced with Mr. Bergstrom (voiced by Dustin Hoffman). Lisa loves the style of teaching and how much she is learning from Mr. Bergstrom that she is devastated when Ms. Hoover returns.

Favorite quote:
“Hey, just because I don’t care doesn’t mean I don’t understand” – Homer

Number 3: “Bart Gets an F” (Episode 14)

Bart fails a test and is threatened to be held back a year if he does not improve. He enlists the help of Martin Prince and prays for a snow day so that he can have another day to study. Despite his best efforts, he still fails the test but, after an obscure historical reference, he passes with a D-.

Favorite quote:
“I got a D-, I passed! I got a D-, I passed! I passed! I…kissed the teacher!” – Bart

Number 2: “Bart Gets Hit by a Car” (Episode 23)

Bart gets hit by Mr. Burns while skateboarding and is promised by Lionel Hutz they will receive a big cash settlement. He takes Bart to Dr. Nick for further examination, which is all phony. Marge’s conscience gets the best of her and Burns finds out about the phony diagnosis and retracts his settlement.

Favorite quote:
Lawyer: “Your Honor, my client has instructed me to remind the court how rich and important he is, and that he is not like other men.”
Mr. Burns: “I should be able to run over as many kids as I want!”

Number 1: Treehouse of Horror (Episode 16)

The three sections of the episode include “Bad Dream House,” “Hungry are the Damned” and “The Raven.” The episode (and the next two following) are labeled “The Simpson’s Halloween Special” and not yet the Treehouse title.

Favorite quote:
The entire poem “The Raven” as it is one of my favorite poems.

No comments: