Thursday, March 19, 2009

Hock's Rant-O-Rama

I haven't posted in a while, so I thought I'd just rant.

First off, FUCK traffic! Also, fuck taxi drivers! They are fucking insane here (Chicago). I heard that New York's are crazier, and if so that would be insane, but the one's here are definitely assholes.

On that note, I'm pretty sure I hate my job. Especially this week. This week we were supposed to open a store in downtown Chicago. Well, they were pending a second review from the health inspector before they could open. The inspector was supposed to be there by 8:30am on Wed. He still hasn't shown. So, we were sent to Algonquin, which is about an hour and a half away from the city (depending on traffic). What are we doing there? More or less...NOTHING! We helped open the store for these guys, so they know us, but by no means do they need our help or "support". So, because the fucking corrupt health inspector can't get to the fucking store we are here to open, we are bullshitting around an hour and a half away. That's 3 pointless hours on the road everyday. Thank god my car isn't here. I have to do this until fucking Saturday!

I hate when cars show their poor quality. I don't really understand why, in some cars, the vents still shoot out hot/cold air even when it's OFF?! It doesn't make sense! It's off, what the fuck is keeping them on? I've experienced it in several cars. Shitty.

I want a fucking normal schedule back. I don't want to have to wake up at 5am to get somewhere by 11am to work until 8pm. I want to get up at 7am, work at 8am and be home by 5pm. Damn that would be nice. I would also accept working strange hours if I actually enjoyed the work I was doing.

I wish I had more skills. In anything. Any extra skill to enhance my life. I have become so mundane and I hate it.

Because I'm on the road so much, it's IMPOSSIBLE for me to eat healthy. Fuck that! I'm gaining weight and not working out. I hate myself.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to go to 311 and Incubus (and possibly Lolla, depending on the lineup) this summer, but I'm sure my job is going to somehow fuck me over and keep me from going.

I hate using so many commas, it makes me feel like I just use a bunch of run-on sentences all the time...which I probably do.

Finally, I fucking hate not remembering all the things I originally wanted to rant about. Fuck.


Hock out!

3 comments:

Claudio said...

Well, as far as the car thing goes, it's not that the vents are "staying on", but when you are on the highway going like 80, there is so much air being forced into the system that the seals can't hold it all back.

You can try and prevent this by turning the climate controls to MAX AC (or recycled air [the button with the arrow going around the car], depending on how new the car is) this will shut the outside vents for your climate controls. Then turn the fan speed to off, this combo should let the least amount of air in while you are driving.

Hock said...

Not all cars do it, just the shitty ones.

Rambo Dakota said...

Greatest...Rant...Ever.