Monday, July 30, 2007

Getting enough Simpsons?

The Simpsons
 
In case you havent, the AV club has several wonderful articles.
 
The Simpsons Vs Civilization: Why Springfields First Family is Mankinds Greatest Achievement
 
The Simpsons as Krusty the Clown: The Strangest Simpson Products
 
Inventory: 15 Simpsons Moments That Perfectly Captured Their Eras
 
Crosstalk: Is it Time for The Simpsons to Call it a Day?
 
As for me: I have always been a fan of The Simpsons, however I cannot recall watching much of them post the ball-drop of 2000. I dont think that the show is bad, nor do I think that it is not worth watching. The problem is simply that I am growing tired of the yellow family. Each of the characters seems to have stopped growing, maturing, becoming more than they initially were. As far as I am concerned, if The Simpsons are going to continue to be the stapel of the Fox Sunday night line up, they need to grow up. Literally. The only fresh idea I can see for this family is Bart spending some time in High School, Lisa skipping a bunch of grades and moving on to hire education, Marge having a complete meltdown/mid-life crisis, Homer aging terribly, Grandpa dying, and Maggie saying more than "da da" and "sequel".
 
Not that I do not enjoy them, but I have come to think of this cartoon family more like I think of Tiramisu: Great in small doses, but I dont need diabetes.


Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows.
Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

No comments: