Monday, July 30, 2007

GO BLUE!

The University of Michigan has hit the Running Back Jackpot! Announced last night after seemingly weeks of speculation Texas Cy-Fair RB Sam McGuffie has announced that he has committed to the University of Michigan. Watching some of the videos of this RB has truly astounded me and has given me EVEN MORE reason to fully enjoy college football and, more specifically, U of M football. There are multiple highlight reels out there for you to look in awe at. He is one of the fastest guys I have seen, he can juke and spin, and he now will wear the ever recognizable Maize n' Blue.

"I went to the University of Michigan a couple weeks ago and you know, I fell in love with it. The coaches--Coach Jackson--and the running back staff, and all the Michigan Wolverines. It's just a place where I can come in as a freshman and be an impact player."

McGruffie has only been given 4 stars by Rivals and Scout, but many feel that is because he is white..."Wow" is the only word that comes to mind with that. Honestly, can this be true? I know we haven't seen a lot of great running backs in history be white but for God's sake! The kid is 6 feet, 188 pounds, ran the 40 in 4.32, can bench 355 pounds and carried the ball his senior year 358 times for 3,121 yards and 43 touchdowns! What more can you say? However, he's white so there is no way he can be THAT good. When it's all said and done who honestly cares though. Those who victimize him with these comments are not looking at his potential and what he truly means to true Michigan fans like myself and those who crowd into Michigan Stadium every home game. I am excited to see this kid smash through the line or outrun a linebacker to the sideline and then turn on the jets. I will be sad to see Mike Hart leave after this year but I am very confident his position is well taken care of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you B, you kinda ramble on the web too.

Bulge