Saturday, July 21, 2007

Why it's a great year for movies and me

#1 - Transformers. I cried during this movie because I was so happy. I hope to God they make sequels. The Decepticons are the scariest monsters that Hollywood has ever created:

#2 - The Golden Compass - Tied for my favorite "young adult" book that means more to adults - comes to the silver screen in December. And it has Daniel Craig, Eva Green, Nicole Kidman and Sam Elliott. Also it just looks incredible:

#3 - The Dark is Rising - The other "young adult" book that shares that tie. I just saw a preview, and I really hope they turn this whole series into movies, because they are just amazing. They've done a damn good job of keeping this one under wraps though... Apparently the director (David Cunningham) opted to avoid using visual effects for everything, and his budget included shipping 1000 snakes from the Czech Republic to Romania to be dumped on the actors during filming, real water destroys a whole mansion, and they trained crows to fly at the actors - sweet


alright that's all tonight. I'm glad I've got four posts already in less than two hours

No comments: