Monday, June 18, 2007

Exclusive Downloadable content...

How do you feel about it? Me? I am super confused about where to side on this issue. As it stands, I have my happy Xbox 360 and will enjoy any and all exclusive downloadable content for Grand Theft Auto IV. So right now, I am ecstatic because I get to play the new stuff as it comes out and, honestly, get the most out of the 60$ investment that I am going to be making in the game. So yeah, "Microsoft apparently feels that having exclusive GTA content is crucial to getting players to buy Xbox 360 instead of PS3 ", but 50$ million on this transaction? What does that lead to? I sincerely doubt that my initial 60$ is going to actually get me in on the new episodic content, and am assuming that the content is going to be fucking over-priced. When Halo 2 had the new maps available I ponied up around 30$ only to realize that they were releasing the maps later on for free...I would just need to be patient. Is Take Two going to follow suit on this one? (they might have to, based on the sinking ship that is the company...though with the deal they inked with Microsoft, things might get better over there) Will Microsoft even allow something like that? How long before these exclusive deals lead to games being released completely unfinished? So I stand somewhere in the middle on this one. Yes, I will definitely enjoy the new content when it comes out. Yes, I would be fucking pissed if it was going to the PS3. Yes, I think that this new tactic is a cheap way to make more money out of an unfinished game. And yes, I believe that Rockstar and Take Two will make sure that the content is fucking worth the price tag I am sure it is going to get. I guess I am just going to go with this: As long as the exclusive content comes to the games (Assassains' Creed, Halo 3, GTAIV) and the system (Xbox 360) that I want, I am happy.

Side note: World of Warcraft and Diablo have been confirmed by Legendary Pictures.

No comments: