Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Interesting...

I may have to get my ass to the University of Pennsylvania. Looks like Kalpen Modi will be there guest teaching two courses in Asian Studies and Film.

And riddle me this:

"The judge in Paris Hilton's case, Michael Sauer, has declared class warfare. If our courts start treating rich and poor equally, what will be left to strive for? People will start believing that justice should just be given away for free. It will become yet another entitlement. When the haves become indistinguishable from the have-nots, we are all have-nots. On a level playing field no one can rise to the top because there is no top to rise to, just one long valley."

via Jon Swift

That last line gets me a little bit. It is hard to fathom that anyone would really go for this argument, but how does one really argue it?

And HELL YES, I WOULD DEFINITELY WORK HERE!

No comments: