Monday, June 18, 2007

Now do you understand...

Why I FUCKING HATE BANKS?!?!?!?

The following exchange ensued between the deceased woman's great-nephew and the bank:
Nephew: “I am calling to tell you [my great-aunt] died in January.”
Bank: “The account was never closed and the late fees and charges still apply.”
Nephew: “Maybe, you should turn it over to collections.”
Bank: "Since it is two months past-due, it already has been.”
Nephew: "So, what will they do when they find out she is dead?”
Bank: “Either report her account to the frauds division or report her to the credit bureau, maybe both!”
Nephew: “Do you think God will be mad at her?”
Bank: “Excuse me?”
Nephew: “Did you just get what I was telling you -- the part about her being dead?”
Bank: “Sir, you’ll have to speak to my supervisor.”

Supervisor gets on the phone:

Nephew: “I’m calling to tell you she died in January.”
Supervisor: “The account was never closed and the late fees and charges still apply.”
Nephew: “You mean you want to collect from her estate?”
Supervisor: “[stammer] Are you her lawyer?”
Nephew: “No, I’m her great-nephew.” (Lawyer information is given)
Supervisor: “Could you fax us a certificate of death?”
Nephew: “Sure.” (Fax number is given)

After the bank gets the fax:

Supervisor: “Our system just isn’t set up for death. I don’t know what more I can do to help.”
Nephew: “Well, if you figure it out, great! If not, you could just keep billing her. I don’t think she will care.”
Supervisor: “Well, the late fees and charges do still apply.”
Nephew: “Would you like her new billing address?”
Supervisor: “That might help.”
Nephew: “Odessa Memorial Cemetery, Highway 129, Plot Number 69.”
Supervisor: “Sir, that’s a cemetery!”
Nephew: “What do you do with dead people on your planet?”


Yeah, I fucking hate banks.

No comments: