Friday, June 8, 2007

Just a few random thoughts

As I sit covering the West entrance I figured that I could kill this boring, lonely time with some random thoughts that I have had throughout the day.

I am saddened that Bob Barker has officially taped his last show of "The Price Is Right" and it is scheduled to air on June 15th. I could, and probably will, write longer on this but he is one of the greatest TV personalities of all time. He will be greatly missed and knowing that at 83 years young he was still going strong just gives you hope that anyone still can at that age. The only problem that I have is that "The Price Is Right" will not go with him. Don't get me wrong I love the show and hope it continues to do well but I would hate to see it share the same fate as classic shows such as "Match Game" and "Family Feud" that have tried but just don't get the ratings that it used to because the host that made the show left (Gene Rayburn for "Match Game" and Richard Dawson for "Family Feud").

Also, in response to a post earlier this week, the TV show "Jericho" is now being brought back to CBS after the protesters bombarded the network with calls, emails, and peanuts. That's right peanuts. The network big-wigs have decided that they must give the public what they want and what they want, above anything else they could be protesting, is a TV show. Apparently this show is really good, it must have to be, but I still won't watch it.

Until next time...

No comments: