Wednesday, August 22, 2007

These:

Ha!
 
Are deep fried balls.
 
Apparently, there is some sort of Testicle Festival on the west coast right now.
 
This is an article written by The Stranger's food critic, Angela Garbes. It contains such juicy morsels like this:
"At the festival's "nut-eating contest," I witnessed men cheering on other men glutting themselves on deep-fried testicles, screaming, "Suck down them balls!" and "You know you love those balls in your mouth, boy!"
and,
 
As they defrosted, their tough outer skins (called, horrifically, the "vaginal tunic") softened to reveal a maze of blue and purple veins. I removed the vaginal tunics.
 
Definitely worth a read. I am a bit conflicted about the idea of the festival. The whole, eating balls thing is not that big of a deal to me. Hell, I'd try it. The conflict that I am having is this: What happens to the owners of said balls? These bulls are then taken to slaughter, right? People wouldn't make these poor dude's walk around ball-less for the rest of their lives?
 
In any case, I could totally eat some deep fried balls. Sounds interesting.


Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with Yahoo! FareChase.

1 comment:

Johnny Cottonmouth said...

They're already dead when they take the balls, you lunatic. Do you think that butchers cut pieces off of the bulls while they're still alive? You crazy man