Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Going to the Dark Side

So as much as it saddens me and makes me die a little bit on the inside...

I think I might buy an iPod

:(

I hate iPods. But everyone is right - it has reached a point where it just makes the most sense to get one. I just can't justify wasting more money on blank cds and batteries and have them only work sometimes...

Please, music world, keep making good albums. I promise to not base my musical tastes around just one track. I promise...


Here's the other issue. As always I'm on the rear end of technology (that is, on technology's rear end! BOO YA! i'm gay) and don't really care about having an iPod that can play video. I probably won't ever watch them. I hardly watch tv at home - I usually only have it on as visual stimulation on mute while I listen to music (ps, I'm crazy). So I need to essentially find a bottom of the line product. But not a fucking iPod shuffle - fuck that shit. 1 Gb of music? Fat fucking chance. Whoah. Me angry. Me say fuck a lot.

Really it's becuase I'm seriously so distressed about this. I know it's ridiculous. But I still HATE iPods. I hate what they did to the music world. I know they're brilliant. And smart, and useful, and a HUGE tehcnological advance over cd players. I understand all this. But when I hear about things like STORES BEING GIVEN EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS TO SELL CDS WITH CERTAIN BONUS TRACKS ON THEM it makes me ill. Like Zeitgeist - a DIFFERENT bonus track on itunes, at best buy and target. i.e. the three places I get my music (besides amazon). Even when I was willing to give the new "smashing pumpkins" a chance, hearing this shit I decided against it. What if it turned out I didn't like the bonus track on the version I got. Or let's be honest - I'd probably waste money to buy the extra two tracks online. Because I'm crazy like that.

Anyway, I went a little offtopic there for a second. Just wish me luck in my quest to find my peace with iPod.

Habt eine gute Nacht, ihr alle!

1 comment:

Hock said...

Hey man, don't worry. iPods are good...until they break on you. Fucking iPods! Also, I could care less about a video iPod, that's just a waste of money and battery. I'm not 12.