Monday, September 24, 2007

STS9 Rocks!

Yeah, so this post may be several days too late, but I don't care. You will read it and you will like it!

Now, I have barely heard about STS9 going into their concert last Thursday, because the first time I heard about them was at Bonnaroo over the summer. So unlike Cottonmouth and our friends we went with, I did not know any of their songs. Knowing that, I had an amazing time. I was tripping balls and dancing like a fool. Everyone was dancing like a fool. STS9's music is just perfect for dancing. It gets you into the groove with amazing beats. I guess being right next to the stage, with the speakers turned up to 11 helped out a lot with the experience. Everyone was there to have a good time, which made everyone else have a good time, which made me have a good time. Everyone was dancing, smiling, laughing and all around enjoying themselves. There were so many hot chicks that would have been perfect to just strip right there and fuck to the beat of the music. But I was in Pontiac, so I didn't want to catch anything. At one point, this really hot chick came up to me and asked me a question (I think it was about ecstasy) but I couldn't understand her because the music was so loud. If she wanted to fuck, then damn you music! But I doubt that was her intent, so...yay music! The only real downer to the concert was the insane drunk girl that kept grabbing my ass. It wasn't a playful squeeze or a subtle rub or a groping, it was a "I want to rip the flesh from your bones" type of squeeze. Other than that girl, the show was very impressive. It had the perfect light show to go along with the amazing music. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Thank you Cottonmouth for inviting me.

Also, their opening band, Sub-ID were a good band to warm up to. They had a great beat laid down with synthesizers over a saxophone, drums and a bass guitar. Besides having a female wookie as the bassist (to her credit, she was really good) they did a great job at warming up the crowd.

No comments: