Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I'm a Rocket Man...

and I think its gonna be a long, long time 'til touchdown brings me 'round again to find I'm not the man they think I am at all. No, no. I'm a rocket man.

That is pretty much how I am feeling today.

I woke up feeling distant, and I think that today is going to be a fairly distant-lived one.

Thinking of Venice, a bottomless cup of coffee, a full pack of cigarettes, and a notebook with thousands of empty pages waiting to be filled. I would be at a table for two, with just slight me there, seemingly waiting for something that would never come. Smoking, chain smoking, watching the city slowly sink, relaxing in a sunset of purple and orange, pulling a coat on as night falls, sipping a coffee.

I think I'll go for a walk outside today, the sunshine is callin my name.
Rather, the clouds and threat of downpour is intriguing.

Pretty sure that I have some serious form of ADD. I wonder if that is a bad thing...could be, but then, how would I ever notice?

"The Church of God Choir of Springfield, Ohio offers new lyrics for "God Bless America" to open the Values Voter Presidential Debate last night in Fort Lauderdale, Florida."



Which brings me to my next point: (and I am completely going over the top here, but there may be something to this) Have religious views? Sorry, your vote no longer counts.
Harsh? Yes. But after seeing that I have completely rekindled my hatred for religion. I want to join the growing crowd of scientists who are out to get rid of religious beliefs and join a culture of reason and logic. First step, the spaghetti monster...



"The Flying Spaghetti Monster (also known as the Spaghedeity) is the deity of a parody religion called The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. The religion was founded in 2005 by Oregon State University physics graduate Bobby Henderson to protest against the decision by the Kansas State Board of Education to require the teaching of intelligent design as an alternative to biological evolution. In an open letter sent to the education board, Henderson professes belief in a supernatural Creator called the Flying Spaghetti Monster which resembles spaghetti and meatballs. He furthermore calls for the "Pastafarian" theory of creation to be taught in science classrooms.

Due to its recent popularity and media exposure, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is used by atheists, agnostics (known by Pastafarians as "spagnostics"), and others as a modern version of Russell's teapot."


I think that a lot of people get upset when I try to take on religion, but that is not my purpose. Well, not always. That is why I enjoy the spaghetti monster so very much. What I hear is just as ridiculous as the spaghetti monster story. Soon, I will bring back the invisible pink unicorn. (which I like better, because the story is much more fun)

That should be about enough electronic net verbage for the moment. I think that it is time that I go fulfill part of my earlier fantasy and get a coffee.

No comments: